Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech5 View Post
I'm not a Ford guy but I was a GM tech for 35 years. As far as I know if your computer controls your fuel pressure by pulse width modulating your fuel pump (returnless system) then you should be able to read fuel pressure on a scan tool. These systems have a sensor so the ECM/PCM can modulate the fuel pump accordingly. If your have a fuel return then the pressure is regulated by the pressure regulator and there is no input to your computer for fuel pressure. If you have fuel data lines on your scan tool and no data for fuel pressure you are SOL. The earlier Coyotes may have the capability to show fuel pressure, I don't know, but without a sensor to measure it your scan tool won't show the data.
To expand on what Nigel said, a Coyote in a Mustang with the stock PCM calibration does have a returnless style fuel system with a variable pressure pump. For the crate motor control pack from Ford Performance, they changed to a regular return style setup and run the fuel pump at full pressure all the time. Thinking about it a little more, it's possible the Gen 2 does have a pressure sensor on the fuel system, but it's just switched off in the crate motor calibration and thus doesn't show in the data stream. But again, just a guess. Might see data if scanning a stock Mustang setup.