Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Side pipe coatings

Post Thanks / Like

Side pipe coatings

It’s time to get my side pipes coated. I’m doing the traditional paint scheme and I was wondering what other builders have had their pipes coated white. What product was used what did it cost where was it done is it holding up and are you pleased with the results. I’m having difficulty finding high temperature ceramic coating that is white.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I ceramic coated my side pipes black, and had Jet-Hot do them. I'm happy with the work they did. I've never done white pipes but I've read more than one person complain that their ceramic coated white pipes got dirty and turned an ugly brownish color in a fairly short amount of time. Some folks have just used white high-temp BBQ paint so that they can just re-spray them every now and then and keep them looking nice and white.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.