A little more progress. I had made my mirror mounts some time ago and have tweaked them a few times to get them correct. I wanted them to serve several purposes:

1) Obviously hold the mirrors, but further rearward than the "stock" location so the A-pillar doesn't block the view, especially the passenger side.

2) Bolt on from inside the door so the door wouldn't have to be removed to get at the fasteners.

3) Provide a seal for the door to A-pillar which F5 doesn't address (as far as I know).

4) Work with my inner door panels. I'm not using the supplied ones since they don't fit well, don't attach to the metal structure, go from inside the car to the outside which I think is a weird design.

These mounts are machined from aluminum and powder coated. Ignore the shallow counter-bore; doesn't show with this in place and was in the piece of aluminum I started with.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.24.18 PM.jpg

I machined a shallow groove in it to hold a seal, but couldn't figure out what to use. Then it suddenly came to me.....a piece of windshield wiper blade. I bonded a piece in place and it rubs up against the bottom of the A-pillar to form a perfect seal.

Door partially open:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.24.55 PM.jpg

Door closed:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.24.29 PM.jpg

And with the mirror bolted in place. I had the mirror covers wrapped the same time as the car. I wasn't sure if I was going to go for carbon fibre or just black, so decided to have them wrapped to see what it looks like. I really like it.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.25.17 PM.jpg

Working on the rest of the interior door panel now.

Rick