BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Wisconsin title and license

Post Thanks / Like

Wisconsin title and license

To those in Wisconsin, I finished my build this past summer, titled and licensed in Iowa. Have now moved to Green Bay. To the best of my understanding, my only option to title and license in WI is the "Hobbyist" designation, which is fine except for the really ugly plates. Is that indeed the case? Thanks TY

Post Thanks / Like
    That is my understanding as well. The hobbyist is actually pretty nice as you don't have to pay any renewal fees or get the car inspected. It is good to go forever once you get it.

I'm not sure if the fact you already have it titled and licensed in another state opens up any additional options, have never looked into it, but it may be worth looking into if you are against the Hobbyist for whatever reason.

The colors are ugly though which is unfortunate.
    BUILD THREAD: The Brew City Cobra

Current Build: MK4 Complete Kit, Delivered December 2021; First Start November 9, 2022; Go-Cart November 23, 2022; Carbureted 427W, TKX, IRS

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you are already titled in another state, it should be easy in WI. I came with a FL title and they just assigned me a new one here. Mine is not the hobbyist route, but that is appealing in that you save many years of re-registration fees. There is also a category of "Collector Plates" that you may be eligible for depending on your current registration and how you built your car. Here's more info - https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/cod...ent_dmv424.pdf
    MkII: 408 Dart block dry sump, 750cfm carb, G-Force T-5, 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears, 3-link, Kirkey seats, black ceramic coated twister mufflers with shields and adjustable turn down tips, passenger roll bar, front and rear roll bars. 2020 GT500 Magnetic metallic, with white and lime green stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no reason why you cannot simply walk into a DMV center to transfer the title into your name, and walk out with regular plates that day.

The choice to run Hobbyist or Collector plates instead of regular (annual) plates is yours.

5. Likes J R Jones liked this post