Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: blueprint 347 discrepancy. distributor grey wire missing.

Post Thanks / Like

blueprint 347 discrepancy. distributor grey wire missing.

Has anyone else run across this??? I received my blueprint 347 and tremec TKX 2 weeks ago and installed it into it's new home, everything went without a scratch or dent... (Whew)
    Started roughing in the wires and came across a difference between the wires from the distributor and the ones Holley says are supposed to be there; Based on what Holley says there should be 4 wires from the distributor (black-ground, red-coil neg, orange coil pos and a grey coil signal). I'm told the engine can be run off the harness yellow (-) coil wire Holley says it's not recommended to run the sniper that way, it can be a dirty signal and may operate properly. The engine was dyno'd before it was shipped so I'm assuming BP ran it with the yellow wire??.. The picture BP shows of the "ready to run" distributor has a grey wire and the schematics Holley have show the same. I'm waiting for a call back from BP but was wondering if anyone else has run across this discrepancy and how it was resolved... I think I'm going to hold further work till I'm sure everyone is on the same page... Jeff_J.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can just run a wire to the negative side of the coil.
    Mike

3. Likes nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sniper instructions say specifically to run the yellow wire on the Sniper harness to the coil(-). I ran mine that way for two years with no issues.

Last edited by Papa; 01-31-2023 at 02:46 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

5. Thanks Jeff_J. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the speedy reply Papa and Mike. I was pretty sure that was the way this was going to go but wanted clarification from BP when the grey wire aspect was raised, Better to be safe especially when you're new at it.
    Brian from BP called back and was of great help, great service. Onward to wrapping up the wires.. Jeff_J.

7. Likes Papa liked this post