Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Corner Weight Scales

Post Thanks / Like

Corner Weight Scales

Anyone used these from Speedway motors? Add some aluminum ramps and would be about 1K and they would work for a MK4, my Miata and Formula car. Seems like reasonable price compared to some other brands, but sometimes you get what you pay for!

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Profo...cale,8818.html

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a pretty amazing price, but note these pads are quite a bit smaller than the industry standard of 15”x15”. If you’re running a 275/60-15 in the rear, you’re going to be hanging about 5/8” of tire off either side of the pad...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have them, they seem well made. Yes they are a little small but it doesnt matter, no issue getting onto the scale and as long as the overhang isnt being supported by the ground youre still picking up all the weight at that corner. I turn the rears sideways and Im pretty sure my 315s fit entirely on the scale. No need for expensive aluminum ramps, a 2x12 with section of 1x on top is the perfect height to roll on and off

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback, I just ordered some. Now just need to convince myself to get spend the 3k for the coil-overs for the Miata...