Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Gen 3 10R80 crate Engine wiring Loom with PCM plug at rear of motor

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Gen 3 10R80 crate Engine wiring Loom with PCM plug at rear of motor

I have a Gen 3 coyote crate 10R80 and wish to mount the Power Control Module (PCM) inside the fire wall of 33 Hot Rod.
    So I need an extension cable for the engine wiring loom or a new engine wiring loom with the C175E plug leaving the engine at the rear ( Fire wall)
    Can someone suggest where can I purchase an extension cable or new Engine wiring loom?

This is my first time using Forum so may have made mistakes in posting it.

Thanks
    Jobbo

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone can help you, I would think it would be Power By The Hour. https://pbhperformance.com/
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a different approach. I am restomoding a 1970 Mustang Mach 1. I placed the outside the inner fender apron in the front of the wheel well. I placed the PDB in the upper part of the passenger foot well. Turns out the rounded rectangle plugs made for the Mustang shock access ports are just the right size to allow the Gen 2 Coyote ECM connectors to pass through with the plug cut, it provides a gasket when a hole is drilled for the harness body. In this configuration, the ECM body harness is more than long enough as I will probably have to cut and splice the cable to remove excess wire length.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can check with Hotwireauto.com. Chris Squire the owner is very knowledgeable and likely can fix you up. I got a harness and ECU from him for my Speedstar so I could install a 5.7 Hemi. A guy in my Mopar club recommended him. He is using his harnesses for a 5.7 hemi in a 64 Dart and a Viper V10 in a 65 Dodge pickup. He makes harnesses for Ford and GM too.