All,
I am pondering my fuel line for my BPE 427 with mechanical fuel pump and have mentally debated a couple options. The BPE FAQ's say for a carb'ed engine the FFR supplied parts are adequate as long as you make sure to drill out the supply line as stated in the FFR manual. My research says otherwise. SO looking for opinions and spending "my" money options.

1) Go with the manual and drill out the pick up and use 5/16 supplied hard line, no cost for me, hope when I do make to the track, I will not choke. This is probably OK for most routine driving?

2) Buy a bulk head 6-an fitting and drill out the center of the existing pickup to install it with a drop line clamped to the existing internal pick up line, then run 6-an (hard or teflon if the teflon liner would not collapse under pump suction-seen this on some industrial applications) fuel line to the pump . Plug the existing return and existing pick up line in the FFR supplied part.

3) Check with Mark at Breeze or Mike at Forte and see if they a better pick that I can plug and play for 6-an lines

4)Something else?

Let me know what route has worked for others, I am leaning to #2 as a reasonable and lower cost option unless #1 has worked for some one.