Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Announcement from Dark Water Customs

Post Thanks / Like

Announcement from Dark Water Customs

Dear Factory Five and the FFR community,

I am writing this with thankfulness and great respect for Factory Five and the FFR community. I will be shutting down operations of Dark Water Customs at the end of this year.

I have been a part of the community since 1996 when I started looking to order a Mk I roadster. Factory Five was the reason for starting my business in 2004 when we built my second roadster for a showcase piece and in 2008 when I switched my focus specifically to offering parts to the community for the roadster.

After 20 years and lots of fantastic memories I am looking to pass on what I have built to someone with the passion, time and hustle I had when I started. Serving the community worldwide from Australia to Puerto Rico, Hawaii to New Zealand, Mexico to Canada and the good ol USA has been a delight. I have seen many customers come back 3-4 times during those years as they start another build. Having worked with many customers on developing and refining parts has been one of the highlights of my life.

All this being said I want to thank you for the backing of Factory Five and the FFR community all these years. Without you Dark Water Customs would never have come into existence. It's been a great ride. I'm not done with FFR and the community. I am just stepping aside as a vendor.

Thank You,
    -Chris Spoonts
    Dark Water Customs

PS: Feel free to contact me with any questions.

2. Thanks Geoff H thanked for this post
    Likes MSumners, CaptB, Fman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on a great run, Chris. And thanks for your passion to help us make these awesome cars even better. Good luck on whatever you choose in life next!

Greg
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker (in the process of building it now), EFI System - Edelbrok Pro Flow 4, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

4. Thanks Dark Water Customs thanked for this post
    Likes Dark Water Customs liked this post
    Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help I was one of your original customers and was the Beta for your inner trunk panel.
    Kenny

6. Thanks Dark Water Customs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

Used your products in my first build and always great quality. Thanks for servicing our needs.

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

8. Thanks Dark Water Customs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chris for everything you've done for the community. I have several of your parts on my roadster build. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

10. Thanks Dark Water Customs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your parts are on ol' #63. Best wishes on what lies ahead for you.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

12. Thanks Dark Water Customs thanked for this post