Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pro-M Hanger & Walbro pump

Post Thanks / Like

Pro-M Hanger & Walbro pump

I installed a 255 Walbro pump into the Pro-M hanger, but it can slide up and down fairly easily. Wondering if I need a sleeve to tighten it up to prevent movement and vibration?

But maybe this isn't a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Terry,

Is the Po-M hanger the one with the optimized fuel return line (so it doesn't "froth" as much)? If so, I used this and I purchased a similar pump from them also. It came with a rubberized sleeve that seemed to create a snug fit. I really don't know the material composition, but I suspect any fuel-proof material would be good enough. Maybe there is a distinction with ethanol fuels, though

Craig C

Post Thanks / Like
    Craig, yes that's the hanger I have. I think I need to get a sleeve, but maybe someone will tell me otherwise. Walbro makes one for this purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same that I found. I just slightly bent the carriage to hold it snug then re-tightened. Curious to hear any others.
    Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Once you snap the filter sock onto the inlet of the pump it won't be able to slide up and down any more.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drove down to Summit Racing because I needed a couple things, so I picked up the Walbro 122-332 sleeve for a whopping $2. I'm confident you're supposed to use one of these, now that I see it installed and feel how solid it is. I removed the four screws to take it apart and insert the pump... likely no way to do it otherwise with the added diameter.

20240109_195226.jpg
    Last edited by OB6; 01-09-2024 at 09:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that's what mine looks like, and I recall that's how I installed it Pretty cool that you can drive to Summit, although they're good with deliveries, too...

Craig C