FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch Stop Usefulness? I Made One But Adjusting....

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch Stop Usefulness? I Made One But Adjusting....

So, in my build thread I made a clutch stop because the throw out bearing manual said I should have 1 to prevent over travel. So, I can not measure the bearing movement, so next best thing is to adjust it so I do not constantly max out the travel of the master cylinder. Any thoughts on this?
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

"Build a Car" They Said "It Will Be Fun "

Post Thanks / Like
    What throw out bearing do you have? Tilton are pretty specific in their instructions on how to adjust the stop for their throw out bearings.

https://tiltonracing.com/wp-content/...-HRB-print.pdf
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the mcleod. I read that and it looks like it should be about the same, thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by F500guy; 05-04-2024 at 09:03 PM.
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

"Build a Car" They Said "It Will Be Fun "

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'd adjust the pedal stop so the clutch will disengage and the pedal will move maybe 3/8" further. Then I'd rig a stick to keep the pedal touching the stop while you look at the MC and slave cylinders to see where the pistons are to assure that neither is too close to the end of the bore.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy an elevator bolt or rob an adjustable leg from a bed frame, old washer or refrig. for the stop.
    I mounted mine in the foot box floor, double nutted it and adjust to hit the back of the clutch pedal or arm.
    I also used large fender washers to add support to the sheet metal.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.