Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone in the group have the IRS in the MK4 that can give me a Specs on some mounting

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone in the group have the IRS in the MK4 that can give me a Specs on some mounting

Anyone in the group have the IRS in the MK4 that can give me a Specs on some mounting holes??The front Upper Control Arm Mounting holes with the washer. I need the distance from left to right center to center of the hole !!
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...&thumb=1&stc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rwolf15241; 05-22-2024 at 09:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which holes, and what specs are you looking for? I see the red 'X's in your photo, but it's unclear what you're looking for. If you're talking about the front bushings, here's a pic from the build manual. The inner sleeve is 3-1/16". Not sure the diameter of the bushing itself.

IRS Bushings.jpg
    Last edited by gbranham; 05-22-2024 at 08:21 AM.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker (in the process of building it now), EFI System - Edelbrok Pro Flow 4, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    The front upper mounts of the IRS center to center of the bolt holes, the holes with the washer !!

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a rough measurement with a tape measure, and it's pretty darn close to 14" center to center.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker (in the process of building it now), EFI System - Edelbrok Pro Flow 4, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!