Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Tank 3rd Hole

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Tank 3rd Hole

Hi

I have a FFR fuel tank that has 3 holes in it. The first 2 are straightforward - one for the pump and one for the level sensor, as per the manual.

I am not sure about the third.

My donor is a 2005 Impreza WRX (UK spec, so things may differ to the US). It's a Blob eye. The fuel tank from the Impreza had 2 identical valves/vents in the middle of the tank.

20210620_144630346_iOS.jpg

Valves are these I think:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192404270205

I believe these connect to the charcoal canister, with the 2 hoses joining together with a T piece before that.

Am I right in thinking that the third hole is for one of these valves?

I am a bit puzzled because the hole has no holes for bolts, as if it is some sort of push to fit attachment. The valves were attached to the Impreza fuel tank with 3 bolts/screws.

Post Thanks / Like
    The third smaller hole is for a fuel tank vent. FFR didn’t include one in my kit even though it’s on the part list so I had to ask them to send me one. Hopefully you have this part already.

IMG_0328.jpgIMG_0331.jpg

3. Thanks DJWalker thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much blomb11, that's great. I will check whether I have the part or not.

Does it connect to anything? The charcoal canister perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    The manual of course does not address this connection well. I connected it the vent to a roll over valve since I am not running a charcoal cannister but you could do that I suppose.

6. Thanks DJWalker thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't have a third hole, but used one of the tubes coming off the fuel pump plate for venting. I initially ran it to a rollover valve high in a hump but always got fuel smell in the car so I looped that hose all the way down and dump under the frame. Fumes are gone.

Ed

8. Thanks DJWalker thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much for your help.

It doesn't look like I have that vent on my parts list. I can't see something that sounds like it anyway. I don't suppose anyone knows what box it should be in? Description that appears on the part list would be useful too. Probably asking a bit too much seeing as everyone else is well past this stage.

I haven't searched through my actual parts yet, there is a chance that I might have it, but that would be easier if I knew the box number.

I think I'll get in touch with Factory Five and ask them about it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was not on my parts list nor in the very Y manual I had. I emailed FFR directly to ask about it. They confirmed what the hole was used for and said they would send me the gasket and brass color vent. I then procured hose and the roll over vent separately.