Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 windshield and a cool 41 Ford

Post Thanks / Like

818 windshield and a cool 41 Ford

I was at the track today (Thunderhill East) talking to a friend who built a 41 Ford track car. We were talking about windshields and I was telling him about how I had a chip repaired because I was worried about it turning into a crack and how I wasn't sure, but I thought it was a Toyota MR2 windshield. I learned all about 41 Ford windshields. I walked back to my car and I swear... the chip turned into a crack while I was telling the story.

I remember reading here about 818 windshields. I recall that it *might* be a Toyota MR2 windshield, but it wasn't conclusive, and I didn't look any further at the time because I didn't need one at the time. Now I do. Can anyone confirm if it's a MR2 or some other production car windshield?

41 1.jpg41 2.jpg
    Last edited by Dave 53; 06-17-2024 at 01:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my kit with a broken windshield and had to get it replaced. They wrote it up as a 2002 Toyota MR2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got an email reply from FFR: "We no longer have 818 windshields available. It is the same as a 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder windshield."

Post Thanks / Like
    Same. Got mine last year. Local shop, $300 installed. My post #34 has a number on the windshield if that helps