Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Huge Shout Out to Speedhut Gauges

Post Thanks / Like

Huge Shout Out to Speedhut Gauges

For those (like me) who didn't know, the FFR Custom 6-Gauge Cluster is made by Speedhut Inc., it's actually Speedhut's Icon gauge cluster with the FFR's back plate graphics.

About 2-weeks ago I was cruising along and the needle on the temp gauge just fell off. I contacted FFR tech support and they noted to contact Speedhut directly.

Turns out this gauge cluster has a lifetime warranty on a good portion of the assembly. At first I really didn't feel like pulling the whole dash to pull out the gauge cluster to send it in for repair because the cruising season here is so short around here. When I communicate with their tech over email they gave me an RMA # and noted I could do it when ever I wanted. He assured me they would work on it immediate as soon as it arrived and ship it back 1-2 days after receipt. My first thought was "sure they will", we all have had nightmare stories about RMA returns / repair turn around. I was thinking if I pulled it out now, I'd send it in, and it would sit in a pile of returns for a few months before they got to it.

Until I decided if I wanted to remove it and send it in, I added an additional temp gauge so I at least could still cruise and monitor the temp. I took the 33 out for a cruise on Sunday afternoon (6/23) and I ran over a big pothole which caused the needle from the temp gauge to slide down under the speedo portion and it caused the needle on the speedo to reset itself so 20 mph was now 0 mph (it would no longer go to 0 mph).

That was it, I didn't want to have to deal with that, so I contacted Speedhut tech support again on Monday (6/24) told them I was pulling the gauge cluster that week and hoping to ship it out by mid-week. I actually got it pulled that night, so I did 2-day Fed-Ex to Speedhut, and let them know the tracking #. The tech I was communicating with, received it on Thursday (6/27), took it apart, fixed it, retested it, recalibrated everything that same day, and shipped it out Friday (6/28).

I received it yesterday (7/3) in UPS, and got it installed last night (7/3). Everything works great, ready for cruising today, July 4th.

We all have at some point complained about various companies service or support due to frustration and a need to vent, but rarely do we take the time to to give Kudos & a Shout Out for good things, so I'd like to do that.

Thanks Speedhut, specifically Ayden Rollins, I sincerely appreciate the great support you provided, you made a believer out of me again that 1st class companies like Speedhut are still out there, who listen to the customer's concerns and care about true customer support.

Jim
    Last edited by 33fromSD; 07-04-2024 at 07:53 AM.
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

2. Likes JimLev, Geoff H liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always had great service and communication with them. Top notch company.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I had one gauge and one sender issue back in 2014. Their tech support provided simple diagnostics for the sender issue. They then replaced both as well as doing a GPS upgrade at a nominal cost. Good to here they are still supporting their customers now as they did 10 years ago.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.