Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lower radiator hose alighment

Post Thanks / Like

Lower radiator hose alighment

Radiator issues. It looks to me that the "Choice" of ride height makes a difference on the grill as well. I never considered this when selecting the "Higher" height. I needed the ground clearance as my subdivision has several large speed bumps. Using the lower holes on the frame to raise ride, also means the radiator mount uses the lower mounting point on the chassis and thus the entire grill is lower relative to the engine bay and cab of the truck. (If any of that makes sense)

Cab 3.jpg

Because the radiator is lower on the chassis, the lower radiator hose appears to point directly at the lower suspension cross plate that ties the two front lower A arms tot he frame. Not sure how to solve this one without cutting the plate in the middle.

lower hose.jpg

Has anyone encountered this issue? How did you solve it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardm16 View Post
    Radiator issues. It looks to me that the "Choice" of ride height makes a difference on the grill as well. I never considered this when selecting the "Higher" height. I needed the ground clearance as my subdivision has several large speed bumps. Using the lower holes on the frame to raise ride, also means the radiator mount uses the lower mounting point on the chassis and thus the entire grill is lower relative to the engine bay and cab of the truck. (If any of that makes sense)

Cab 3.jpg

Because the radiator is lower on the chassis, the lower radiator hose appears to point directly at the lower suspension cross plate that ties the two front lower A arms tot he frame. Not sure how to solve this one without cutting the plate in the middle.

lower hose.jpg

Has anyone encountered this issue? How did you solve it?
    My grill is set at the height of the upper holes with the suspension in the lower holes. I didn’t slide it all the way down but the bolt still holds it in place. Hope this makes sense.

Lewis

3. Likes Guardm16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    My grill is set at the height of the upper holes with the suspension in the lower holes. I didn’t slide it all the way down but the bolt still holds it in place. Hope this makes sense.

Lewis
    Makes good sense. Thank you. I think I will put a bolt through the upper holes, just to keep things tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, never mind putting the bolts through, just no room for a nut behind the mount. I am thinking a "U" shaped plug to fill the space and keep the radiator in the higher position,

Something like this, the same thickness as the radiator mount. Anyone know if these are made and available? What are they called?

plug.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Once in position I drilled through the ¼" hole and put in a roll pin to hold in place.

Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Once in position I drilled through the ¼" hole and put in a roll pin to hold in place.

Lewis
    That is a great idea. I will follow your lead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drilled and tapped a 1/4-20 bolt as an alternative.

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC