Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Upgrade question

Post Thanks / Like

Upgrade question

I have a 2006 MkIII FFR Challenge car that when I bought it 10 yrs ago, had all stock parts. I did install the TrickFlow top end kit for the 302 5.0 last year. I need advice or guidance to make further upgrades to the brakes, suspension, and ecu. Thanks in advance. Randy B

cobra.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Call FFR and ask them to put a package together for you to upgrade the brakes and suspension. They just did this on a car in there shop. I think the video is on there site somewhere.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did this to mine. I used the #15414 upper control arm retrofit kit to convert to the Mk4 chassis geometry which relocates the upper control arms to allow use of the 2 piece spindle set #14850. I replaced the poly bushings in the front lower control arms with FFR's spherical bearing sets (#16332). In the rear I replaced the 3 link's lower arms with Breeze's Rod end adjustable lower control arms (#70730). For brakes I used a 2 piston 13" rotor Cobra set in front and FFR's 11.65" rear disc package. Combine those with a 1994/1995 Mustang Cobra master cylinder which has a .9375" bore. I'm very happy with the results.

Good luck!

Jeff

4. Likes timmil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information. That will help with my research

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I will give them a call.