Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Kit Ordered In Marysville

Post Thanks / Like

Kit Ordered In Marysville

Yesterday was a big day for me. I ordered my Mark IV Roadster Kit. I have some finalizing to do in prepping the garage but otherwise I ready.

Hoping to find a local seller with 15" halibrand style wheels. If I'm not able to find any Ill update my order with FF and get them from them.
    I'll probably start the body buck in early august unless I can find one locally as well.

I'm building a motor and I've acquired the rearend. I am still a little overwhelmed but VERY excited.

F5R says 6-8 weeks until completion. Factory 5 said Stewart trans would be 2-4 weeks for Pick up plus transport time. So, October 1st?

2. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carography View Post
    Yesterday was a big day for me. I ordered my Mark IV Roadster Kit. I have some finalizing to do in prepping the garage but otherwise I ready.

Hoping to find a local seller with 15" halibrand style wheels. If I'm not able to find any Ill update my order with FF and get them from them.
    I'll probably start the body buck in early august unless I can find one locally as well.

I'm building a motor and I've acquired the rearend. I am still a little overwhelmed but VERY excited.

F5R says 6-8 weeks until completion. Factory 5 said Stewart trans would be 2-4 weeks for Pick up plus transport time. So, October 1st?
    Congrats on the order and looking forward to seeing another FFR in the area. I waited nearly 11 months before mine was ready to ship. Glad to hear that the lead times are back to "normal".
    I went with the Factory Five Halibrands because I like the design with the cover to hide the lug nuts. I was disappointed in the availability of performance tires for a 15" rim so I ended up going up to a 17".
    Lars
    Novice Build: 289 USRRC Complete Kit #10524, 3rd Gen Coyote, TKX, IRS, 17" Halibrands, Wilwood Brakes, Power Steering

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm aware of the limitations of 15" wheels in regard to tire availability. But that's look i want.
    I was glad to see the delivery time come down to "normal". The oct 1 date i mentioned is the outside range.
    thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, glad to see more here in the Seattle area! I too was surprised at the fast completion times, I ordered our 289 USRRC May 31 and completion date is 7/20 - 6 weeks.

I'm looking for a 289 locally if you hear of one for sale, will rebuild it myself. I just ordered some Trigo pin drive 289 FIA 15" wheels, really like the look. We also plan to run exhaust out the back and somehow find a LeMans hardtop to complete the look we want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the order. You are in for an adventure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and welcome!
    I'm also in Marysville, near Sunnyside and Soper Hill but working on a Coupe. I'd say I'd race you to finishing the build but I already know you'd win haha.
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your order! As has been said, great to have another car in the area. Don't hesitate to reach out and ask if you have questions.

I have a body buck you are welcome to have. It’s a little rough around the edges and has been sitting outside since my body went off to paint, but its all there. I’m down near Federal Way, so quite a haul from Marysville but it’s here if you want it. PM me if you’re interested.
    MK4 Complete Kit. Gen3 Coyote, TKX, IRS. Wilwoods, Forgeline Wheels.
    Ordered 11/29/21. Kit received 8/18/22. First start 6/22/23.

Post Thanks / Like
    A coupe in Marysville? WOW! How long have you been working on your kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barwickad View Post
    Congrats on your order! As has been said, great to have another car in the area. Don't hesitate to reach out and ask if you have questions.

I have a body buck you are welcome to have. It’s a little rough around the edges and has been sitting outside since my body went off to paint, but its all there. I’m down near Federal Way, so quite a haul from Marysville but it’s here if you want it. PM me if you’re interested.
    I'm interested in your body buck, I need one for both my coupe and the cobra coming later this month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! I am building a coupe up here in Mt Vernon. Not too far from you. Just got it registered a couple months ago and I am shaking it out before paint. Give me a shout if you need anything.

V/R

Shakey
    Shakey. Coupe Base kit ordered Dec 2021. Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Daytona-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Congrats! I am building a coupe up here in Mt Vernon. Not too far from you. Just got it registered a couple months ago and I am shaking it out before paint. Give me a shout if you need anything.

V/R

Shakey
    Did your registration involve a WSP inspection?
    Marysville, WA
    302, GT40 heads, 5speed, 3.55:1 Solid Axle.
    Kit ordered 7/8/2024 - Completion date 8/17/2024

Post Thanks / Like

V/R

Shakey
    Shakey, did you get a temporary plate while going through the inspection/licensing/registration process? I'm wondering if I have to trailer my car to an inspection station prior to registration?

Thanks,

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I got a temporary plate. I just went into AMSI instead of the DMV and they will give you a 1 day transit permit. I got one to go to a weigh station and one for my VIN inspection. They were like $10 each. You can go get it in advance.

Shakey
    Shakey. Coupe Base kit ordered Dec 2021. Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Daytona-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I got a temporary plate. I just went into AMSI instead of the DMV and they will give you a 1 day transit permit. I got one to go to a weigh station and one for my VIN inspection. They were like $10 each. You can go get it in advance.

Shakey
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see another local car being built. I'm in Duvall and waiting for my engine. After that arrives, I should be in go-cart mode very soon. Will be looking for paint soon after that. If anyone has suggestions in that regard, I'm all ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carography View Post
    A coupe in Marysville? WOW! How long have you been working on your kit?
    Mine arrived at the end of 2017 but I've only been able to work on it in short, concentrated stints. Granted, I'm changing a few things but still confident moving forward.
    Build thread here: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Striped-Steel

-Matt
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder