BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rack & Pinon

Post Thanks / Like

Rack & Pinon

Looking at the rack & pinon and wondering which of the holes to use - everything else I have installed, instructions said use the lower set of holes for the truck. I cut off part of one of my frame mounts on the drivers side to accommodate the truck steering. Now when I go to use the bottom mounting holes the rack sets right on the bushing which can't be right - so do I use the top holes in this instance? - instructions say "Install the Rack & pinon", no usable photos to determine position either.

Post Thanks / Like
    On my truck build, I used the bottom holes for the front suspension and the steering rack on the lower holes without any issues. Picture from my gallery below. You can just see the rack steering bolt on the lower hole peeking through the frame. The manual does show trimming off the front lower control arm left side rear tab slightly to clear the steering rack. The picture in the manual shows where to cut and the result with the rack in the lower holes. That is where you cut and not the steering rack mount, right? BTW, it specifically says NOT to put the steering rack in the upper holes with the suspension in the lower holes.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.