Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Delivery guidance

Post Thanks / Like

Delivery guidance

The big day is approaching with my Hot Rod Truck delivery scheduled for tomorrow! I have the garage prepared with jack stands and a place to put the boxes. I'm wondering if there is any other guidance you all would offer about accepting your delivery from Stewart?

I'm also curious if there is an established practice regarding thanking the driver. I have seen some comments about creating a care package for the road (drinks, cookies, etc) as a thank you, but I'm wondering if others tip the driver.

Thanks, Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Tip the driver $50, or even better, offer them some home-baked food for the road. They get tired of eating truck stop food. I gave my driver $50, and my wife baked him two dozen chocolate chip cookies. He went nuts over those cookies! I offered to cook him a hamburger on the grill, but he declined, as he had another delivery that even about 200 miles away.

Greg
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker (in the process of building it now), EFI System - Edelbrock Pro Flow 4, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

3. Thanks AndrewIdaho thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gbranham View Post
    Tip the driver $50, or even better, offer them some home-baked food for the road. They get tired of eating truck stop food. I gave my driver $50, and my wife baked him two dozen chocolate chip cookies. He went nuts over those cookies! I offered to cook him a hamburger on the grill, but he declined, as he had another delivery that even about 200 miles away.

Greg
    Thanks for the recommendation, Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Also invite some friends over to help with the driver unloading all those boxes.
    I had a few guys lift the chassis up so I could put it on jackstands.
    Maybe some cold beverages too??
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I tipped my driver $50 and we also had chicken and brats cooking on the grill. My wife also sent along enough for a few meals later on. They called us the next day and thanked us again for the second meal they just finished. I must admit, I do a good BBQ chicken and brats! I always said these drivers are like Santa Clause for us older kids, they brought the most fun toy ever to my house, the least I can do is show them some appreciation. Have plenty of friends over to help unload, check off the boxes as they come off the truck (they have a detailed inventory sheet) and to photograph the event. You will be so excited, you need to assign others to help.

Image - 2023-05-29T181304.263.jpegImage - 2023-05-29T181434.512.jpegImage - 2023-05-29T181455.041.jpegImage - 2023-05-29T181727.092.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm taking delivery tomorrow! I will have to work on a care package. I have the tip ready. All my neighbors are as excited as I am and are ready to help.

8. Likes JimLev liked this post