Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radiator Fan not working

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator Fan not working

Radiator Fan
    having trouble getting my radiator fan to come on.

I am running the stock fan supplied by Factory Five. I am also using the Holley Sniper2 and Power Distribution Module (PDM). The PDM has a direct two wire connection for the fan.

PDM.PNG

I highly recommend the PDM if you are installing the Sniper2, so easy! The programming of the Sniper lets you set the exact temp for the fan to turn on and turn off. The PDM has an LED to let you know the Fan circuit is "on".
    The PDM shows on, there is 12 volts at the connection to the fan. Only, no fan movement. I then tried to jump the fan from the battery directly to the fan, No fan.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a bad fan to me. If you’ve run both power and ground from the battery and it doesn’t spin, definitely bad. If you just ran power and no ground to the fan from the battery, may be a ground problem.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    Sounds like a bad fan to me. If you’ve run both power and ground from the battery and it doesn’t spin, definitely bad. If you just ran power and no ground to the fan from the battery, may be a ground problem.

Henry
    I ran two alligator clip leads from the battery to the fan leads. not even a buzz from the fan.