FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring headlight issue

Post Thanks / Like

Wiring headlight issue

Hello Guys, I am wiring my roadster’s headlights, taillights, running lights and turn signals. I have wired in the 5 to 4 wire rear taillight converter and a self canceling motorcycle turn signal module. When I test all systems work as they should…..except…..I have no headlights, when I use the toggle dimmer switch I have high beams and my high beam indicator light comes on. I followed the wiring manual as much as I could, I am a newby at wiring and am at a loss as to why I have high beams and no low beam. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Ross
    MK4 kit delivered 11-5-2023 Forte’s Ford 302, Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 fuel injection, Tremec TKX transmission mid shift option, 355 ratio rear end, 17”wheels, 2015 Mustang IRS from FFR

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the toggle switch is wired wrong? Power to the center, high to bottom low to top. The high and low are interchangeable though.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far from an expert, but I'd take a test light and work my way backwards. I had two things that were not wired correctly on my ron francis harness. Both were just pinned wrong in the connection.
    Mark IV Gen 3 Coyote
    Started 7/22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Maybe the toggle switch is wired wrong? Power to the center, high to bottom low to top. The high and low are interchangeable though.
    Mike
    I wired the dimmer toggle like the RFrancis dash schematic…. I thought….Light blu HDLT-SW/DIM SW what I assumed on the top. I missed the joggle to the center on the schematic.
    High Beam middle Low Beam bottom. Mike your right power goes to the middle low and high are interchangeable they can either be top or bottom. I spent 2 hours with a multi meter on continuity checks and reviewed the schematic 20 times just couldn’t see the Forrest for the trees.
    Mike thank you so much!
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 07-24-2024 at 06:25 PM.
    MK4 kit delivered 11-5-2023 Forte’s Ford 302, Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 fuel injection, Tremec TKX transmission mid shift option, 355 ratio rear end, 17”wheels, 2015 Mustang IRS from FFR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    I'm far from an expert, but I'd take a test light and work my way backwards. I had two things that were not wired correctly on my ron francis harness. Both were just pinned wrong in the connection.
    Thanks I used a multi meter and couldn’t find any issues. Turns out I made a dumb mistake and miss read the dash schematic. Michael Everton pointed out my mistake. I couldn’t find any issue and was starting to freak out!