Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Optional Rear Brake Set

Post Thanks / Like

Optional Rear Brake Set

With the straight axle, does the 60421 REAR BRAKE SET - 11.65" work, or only with the Moser Axle?

Post Thanks / Like
    I optioned for the brake package, but it doesn't fit. You can see the top hat portion pushes the rotor back on the axle and won't allow enough room for the caliper to slide in behind to mount, Should I use some sort of spacer to move the rotor out?
    Thanks for any help
    BrakeIssue.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE - found that I have to remove the stock caliper brackets, remove the axles too, to use the new Optional Brake caliper brackets. And, well, the brackets don't align with my mounts on the axle tube.
    IMG_6295.jpgIMG_6296.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest UPDATE from FFR - The Optional Brake Package will not work with the stock Mustang 8.8 Axle - am I the only one who bought the package? Now to put everything back on that I took off my rear end.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also bought the optional back brake kit from FF. I am curious as to what the trick is to keep the brake pad clips from falling out when installing the pads. Very frustrating. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
    2021 delivered MK4 Roadster, Blueprint 302, Tremec TKO - 2022 complete
    2024 delivered 35 Hot Rod Truck Kit, LS3 with auto transmission - project underway

Post Thanks / Like

Pad Clips

Quote Originally Posted by mbisett View Post
    I also bought the optional back brake kit from FF. I am curious as to what the trick is to keep the brake pad clips from falling out when installing the pads. Very frustrating. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
    As per another builder I used masking tape to hold them in place for assembly.