Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WTB Unfinished Roadster kit/build

Post Thanks / Like

WTB Unfinished Roadster kit/build

Looking to do a roadster "budget" build with my son but before pulling the trigger on a new kit wanted to see if anyone had a partially built kit/project they were looking to sell?

I have a donor car that I intended to use for my engine/trans/rear end but would sell that if what you have already includes those.

Let me know what you have!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search on FB marketplace (not sure if we can post links here) in CO. There is an uncompleted Roadster kit for sale, with a bunch of extra parts (Breeze, Russ Thompson) and all the drivetrain.
    For what he's asking, your basically getting the motor and trans for nothing.

Wish i could do it , i know i'll be regretting it next year when i purchase my kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an MK 3.1 base kit available. PM sent
    FFR#5539 306FI, T5, 8.8 Rear, Hot Hues Jazzy Blue, Ford TS Stripes, Stock brakes, North Race Cars Axle 5-lug conversion

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck! Keep an eye on the FOR SALE section here on the forum. I bought my partially started kit from there a few years ago and basically got the engine/transmission for free (I have all the receipts from the original buyer). Wasn't a budget build by any means so it wasn't cheap, but they were just looking to get out from under it, not trying to break even. My point is good deals do pop up occasionally if you are willing to be patient. I was planning to wait another year or two before buying but the deal was too good to pass up.
    Darryl [dbo_texas]
    MKIV #9644 (build thread) (Index)
    MK4 Complete Kit | Gen2 crate Coyote | Tremec T56, 3.55 IRS | power steering | hydroboost | dual roll bars | FFR carbon fiber dash | 18" Halibrands + Wilwoods | RT drop trunk kit & turn signal | front battery mount | saddle leather Intatrim Stoneleigh seats + interior accents

Post Thanks / Like

In finished kit

Did you find an unfinished car for your project?

QUOTE=MtnCobra;555374]Looking to do a roadster "budget" build with my son but before pulling the trigger on a new kit wanted to see if anyone had a partially built kit/project they were looking to sell?

I have a donor car that I intended to use for my engine/trans/rear end but would sell that if what you have already includes those.

Let me know what you have![/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure where you are located but there is someone here in Leander, TX that just posted his unfinished kit on the Factory Five Builder FB group. He's going to post it here at some point in the near future. No engine/trans yet, but he's assembled the front & rear suspension and powder coated a bunch of the parts, but that's about it. Might be just what you are looking for.
    Darryl [dbo_texas]
    MKIV #9644 (build thread) (Index)
    MK4 Complete Kit | Gen2 crate Coyote | Tremec T56, 3.55 IRS | power steering | hydroboost | dual roll bars | FFR carbon fiber dash | 18" Halibrands + Wilwoods | RT drop trunk kit & turn signal | front battery mount | saddle leather Intatrim Stoneleigh seats + interior accents

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dbo_texas View Post
    Not sure where you are located but there is someone here in Leander, TX that just posted his unfinished kit on the Factory Five Builder FB group. He's going to post it here at some point in the near future. No engine/trans yet, but he's assembled the front & rear suspension and powder coated a bunch of the parts, but that's about it. Might be just what you are looking for.
    I believe thats has a pending deal now.
    Higgy
    MK4 #11012 picked up 04/16/24
    351W, 3 link, single roll bar
    MK4 #10616 picked up 4/10/23
    302w, 4 link, 17's, dual roll bar SOLD
    MK4 #9759 picked up on 4/3/19
    351C, 3 link, 17's, dual roll bars SOLD