Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controversial Avatars?

Helicopter Wrench-Bender ChopperJustin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo!!!! Thanks Bill!
    "Gravity, It's The Law"

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there directions somewhere on how to make an avatar?

Jeff
    Mark III complete kit ordered 12/03/2007, received #6351 1/22/2008 Homemade mods: driver footbox extension with deadpedal and dimmer switch, widened passenger footbox, brake reservoir mounting bracket, under trunk storage box, custom dash and dash extension, heater forward box, custom glove box, under dash switch panel, Explorer motor carb conversion, first start 7/10/2010, off to paint (Performance Automotive) 11/20/2010, finally home 5/7/2011, Graduated 11/22/2011

Junior Member Waiting4Kids2Bgone's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freddiehebert View Post
    .... and hey Bill va i might like one of those shirt also
    I agree with Freddie here. Bill, any interest in getting a group order together, maybe see if tfalk can do it for us????
    Sorry, not try to hijack. I/you could put this in another thread or PM if you like.
    Thanks,
    Tommy

Helicopter Wrench-Bender ChopperJustin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootbeer Roadster View Post
    Are there directions somewhere on how to make an avatar?

Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

While you're signed in, go to the top right corner of the screen and click on "settings". Once you're they're, you'll see a link on the left-hand side menu for both your Avatar picture and your profile picture. Once you're they're you have a choice between uploading an image that exists somewhere else on the web, or customize your own. Hopefully you have software on your computer somewhere that will allow you to resize any of your own pics that you'd like to upload. (I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager)

Hope that helps you out!
    "Gravity, It's The Law"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I found the setting menu, but now have to figure out how to resize my picture. Computers are wonderful if you love a challenge.

Jeff
    Mark III complete kit ordered 12/03/2007, received #6351 1/22/2008 Homemade mods: driver footbox extension with deadpedal and dimmer switch, widened passenger footbox, brake reservoir mounting bracket, under trunk storage box, custom dash and dash extension, heater forward box, custom glove box, under dash switch panel, Explorer motor carb conversion, first start 7/10/2010, off to paint (Performance Automotive) 11/20/2010, finally home 5/7/2011, Graduated 11/22/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_P View Post
    Mark, none of the avatars seem to be clear mine included. Do we need to remake them a different size or is it a forum setting? Somebody will figure it out no doubt.
    I believe it might be as simple as a setting in the forum setup - and by that I mean at the FRR level, not on an individual user level.

The avatars it has us upload are limited to a maximum size of 100x100 pixels HOWEVER when it displays our avatars it uses a field that is 180 pixels wide, causing them to be expanded.

We either need to be able to upload 180x180 pixel avatars, or else the forum layout needs to be changed so that the avatar display area is coded as 100x100 pixels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, according to the post about recent settings updates to the site, the current allowable size is now 120x120. If you originally used the upload feature like I did, the automatically resized whatever image you uploaded to the previously smaller size. To make it bigger, go into your settings and edit your avatar and upload your avatar image from your computer again. This will allow the site to resize it to the current max of 120x120 (which is large enough IMO).

Actually, the site where I had my shirt made has instituted policies that now prohibit the use of copyrighted material on their products, and the Cobra symbol is copyrighted. Sorry

Enjoy.
    Non-donor - Engine Factory 351w/400hp - TKO500 - 3-Link - Cobra brakes - FFmetal - Wilwood pedals - FR500 wheels - NCPainter

Owner of FFmetal.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to have to work on mine I guess.
    Mike, FFR 4263 MKII, Red/Silver, 331 and Loads of FUN!!!!
    Maybe I will Update this for the new forum....

Post Thanks / Like
    one thought on Avitars for me, I like right now not having any stock ones on the board. Often I see someone's avitar before their name and know who it is or identify with them. When multiple people start having them that personal touch gets lost.
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    I like mine, and I've been using it for over five years.

Rob
    God is my cobrapilot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_VA View Post
    This will allow the site to resize it to the current max of 120x120 (which is large enough IMO).

On my computer, everyone's avatar is showing as 180 pixels wide so I think there is still an issue as a 120 pixel picture will still be "enlarged" automatically (and poorly).

How wide are they on your machine, Bill ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_VA View Post
    Thanks Dave, it's really neat to have you weigh in on forum threads. I even had a tshirt made with that graphic. I'm just so proud that my car is an FFR that I built and not a overpriced, turn-key car from that other guy.
    Actually I think it is quite accurate......I believe Ford owns that name...not "the name we will not mention here"

Post Thanks / Like
    Turboguy, actually all the avatars are 120px wide and/or 120px high. Mine is 81x120 because I uploaded a 318x472 portrait-shaped image and the site's software scaled it down to fit within the 120x120 maximum. If I had uploaded a perfectly square image, say 300x300, the site would've have scaled it to 120x120.

So, for all you guys with small avatars, just go into your settings and reupload the image you used before and site will make you a new one.

BTW, I'm an Internet Developer by trade, I've written code to do this.
    Non-donor - Engine Factory 351w/400hp - TKO500 - 3-Link - Cobra brakes - FFmetal - Wilwood pedals - FR500 wheels - NCPainter

Owner of FFmetal.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always wondered about how the people across the pond from us would think about mine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Woo Hoo.. Larger Avatars! Thanks!

Joe - -
    Proudly Driving: FFR MKIII #5392, '89 donor, 306 EFI, T-5
    GT40P-Heads, 3-link, 8.8 / 3.55 Rear, 4 Wheel Disk Power Brakes,
    17" Halibrands, 4X4 Headers, Koni Shocks

Gave Up on Build+Sold Car Brandovibe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheehan View Post
    I hope mine isnt controversial!!...its My 1938 Model B John Deere ;-)
    I find that very offensive Dave! j/k

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Larry! I have to stay away from some really cool car forums because of the crap I've seen in avatars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry N. Johnson View Post
    I will change or delete avatars which display immodest (ill clad) people.
    People's "private areas" are just that.
    Keep it clean; keep it light...enjoy life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12