FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '33 Coupe Headroom?

Post Thanks / Like

'33 Coupe Headroom?

For some time now I've been trying to decide on which kit car to build and I'm this close to going for a '33.

One thing that I'm concerned about is the headroom in the coupe. I have a tall sitting height, and I'd hate to be hunched over with my head brushing the roof. Also, I definitely plan on tracking whatever I build, and although sitting up straight with a helmet on is probably too much to hope for, I don't want to be so hunched over that it will be uncomfortable.

Don't try to tell me to make it a roadster because I definitely prefer the coupe in order to make it a year-round car here in the rainy Northwest.

Speaking of the rainy Northwest, does anyone in Western Washington happen to have a coupe that they'd be willing to let a complete stranger sit in to test headroom?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a TON of headroom in the 33' coupe! Your head will never touch the top. Getting in and out with the top on is a little tricky. You will get better at it with practice, but when you are in the car the head room is significant.

I like the look of the hard top better too! =)

Best regards,
    Brian Zakrzewski
    FFR Tech & Sales

bc33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Visibility is more of an issue than headroom. I was wanting to raise my seats to put electronics under them but found that even without raising them my eyes were just level with the underside of the door window opening. I ended up putting the electronics in the trunk because of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses, guys.

I'm glad to hear that about the headroom. I have tons more questions to ask, but that removes my big worry about doing a '33.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking this is the solution for the stoplight visibility issue.

http://www.slidingragtops.com/?gclid...FQ1jhwodThY12A