Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: shock adjustment

Post Thanks / Like

shock adjustment

have about 1200 mile on my coupe now and read to checked the suspenion after it worked it self in, well the four coners of the frame were off so I adjusted them all to 4", the problem is one corner on the front is 1/2" differance on the adjusting threads then the other side and when I lift the front the spring has no tension on it , is just loose. is this OK did not think there would be that much differance from one side to the other. Just to say again when it is on the ground under weight all four corners are OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This should not be but I had the same problem.

The problem turned out to be the garage floor was not level. There is no such thing as level concrete. You need to get a surveyors level and shoot in the floor at the points where the tires sit and shim the tires to insure they are level. Then you need to shoot in the floor where you take the measurements and make an adjustment to the measurement you are looking for. When you do that you should find that the the shocks (side-to-side) will be set almost identically. To get it perfect, you need racing scales.