Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Painting the Body

Post Thanks / Like

Painting the Body

I am curious about painting the 33 and others' experience. Did you mount the body, do the doors and take intact car to the shop, or remove it and send just the body to the shop. Also any northern VA builders out there with recommendations for body shops that will do this type of work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if you're taking it to a shop, you want a driveable body on the car when you hang the doors and get them straight so they can do any last blocking that needs to be done. It will be up to them whether they paint it on the car or not but it should be perfect before they paint it or take it apart to paint it.

Or, if you feel you'd done a good enough job blocking it out, take it in pieces. Personally, I mounted everything as a final fit, lined up all edges and filled and floated all areas. Then I disassembled all parts, took them to the body shop and blocked them again (staying away from the edges) and filled if needed. The painted everything off the car and reassembled. Mine was a budget job but I had pros helping me and it came out great.