FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 - 5.0 EFI questions for 33 experts

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question 2 - 5.0 EFI questions for 33 experts

I have a 93 Mustang 5.0 EFI for my donor parts for my 33 kit coming. I want to get the motor ready and have 2 questions. I am getting the electric power steering kit and have a double sump oil pan on my engine. What oil pan do I need to clear the steering motor? Also I ordered the a/c kit from FFR. I want to install a single belt serpetine system with alt and A/c. Is there any special kind I need to look for? Can the A/C compressor (Sandon) be mounted on the bottom pass side of the motor and clear the frame? Any help would be appreciated. I want to order parts for the engine this week. I tried looking these up and had very little luck. I appoligize if this had been discussed before. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The stock double hump oil pan is ideal for the power steering setup. Don't need to change it. Not sure if mounting the compressor down low will work. Not a whole lot of room down low. I would try leaving the serpentine setup that you have now, alone. Just remove the air pump and get a shorter belt. For a neater look you might want to swap the alternator and air compressor. That way the hoses aren't running on both sides of the engine. The air conditioner can usually be ordered with either bracket. I think Breeze makes a driver side alternator bracket.
    Don't forget to check out my website for some nice 33 parts at www.replicaparts.com

Thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input Mike. I found a March system that puts Alt and A/C up high. A/C is still on Pass. side but it needs to for the unit is on that side in the cockpit. I will check out you site as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    The frame really gets narrow up front. Here are some pictures of how the Billet Specialties Tru-Trac mounts the compressor. Here is a suggestion. Don't use the FFR supplied a/c lines, way too bulky. Go to the Vintage Air site and look up the Aeroquip lines. They are much smaller and the fittings get installed with a special plier (Vintage Air rents them) therfore no need to have those big ugly crimmped fittings. You can just seem them in the pictures.

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Olli, That is a nice setup. Thanks for the tip.