BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What ball joints are used in the FFR lower control arms (circa 2003)

Post Thanks / Like

What ball joints are used in the FFR lower control arms (circa 2003)

Need to know if they are Mustang and year, or what. No info in the shop manual I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi oldguy! I got your PM. If they are the press in type they are standard Fox body Mustang parts. If they are the screw in ones those joints were used for decades in Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth products---I think the Moog number is 719 but am relying on memory for that (a practice that becomes more risky by the day!). By what you said in the PM it sounds like you may only need boots. If that is the case you should be able to find them at a well stocked parts store such as NAPA or by going with Energy Suspension poly boots from Summit or Jegs.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys lower is a 87-93 mustang the upper is a moog K772 thanks Joe @ffr tech

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. K772

Chris
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Build Site >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51103049@N00/collections/

FFR#0441CP Complete Coupe kit, IRS, T-5, 392ci 351W, Webers, Delivered 4/29/09

Post Thanks / Like
    He asked about the lower ball joint, its from a Mustang, not the upper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff...thx for the help. I figured they were Fox items. By the way, your suggestions about moving the upper control arms to the inner mounting holes was right on. I now have have 8.5 deg pos Caster, -1 deg Camber and the usual 1/16" Toe. Car handles like never before. Not skittish anymore and goes where I want it to go. Thanks again, I learned a lot. Gofastoldguy- Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Hi oldguy! I got your PM. If they are the press in type they are standard Fox body Mustang parts. If they are the screw in ones those joints were used for decades in Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth products---I think the Moog number is 719 but am relying on memory for that (a practice that becomes more risky by the day!). By what you said in the PM it sounds like you may only need boots. If that is the case you should be able to find them at a well stocked parts store such as NAPA or by going with Energy Suspension poly boots from Summit or Jegs.

Cheers,
    Jeff