FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Am I Ready for the Body?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    JK i believe the rear cockpit panel doesn't get a bulb seal, that panel sometimes interferes with body alignment it shouldn't be touching the body at all.
    the side panels get the bulb seal, the ones along the side of the rear tires, and the arched 3/4 tube gets the doublesided tape this is where the trunk attaches.
    Mk 3.1 #6945

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeo69 View Post
    JK i believe the rear cockpit panel doesn't get a bulb seal, that panel sometimes interferes with body alignment it shouldn't be touching the body at all.
    the side panels get the bulb seal, the ones along the side of the rear tires, and the arched 3/4 tube gets the doublesided tape this is where the trunk attaches.
    That's what I meant Leo but maybe it wasn't clear. I think Kevin was talking about the small wings right behind the seats that make the wheelwell tops---short stretches of bulb seal there but not across the large panel running side to side. BTW, on the Mk4 FFR has redesigned the aluminum behind the seats and done away with those contrary little "dammit" panels. Kudos to them; much easier now!

Jeff