Quote Originally Posted by kabacj View Post
Hey Dave,

Sounds like fun. What track are you planning on visiting?

As you can see from the experts the GTM is very sensitive to alignment.

here is the setup I used last year that worked well.

Left Front Right front
caster -3 caster -3
camber -2.8 camber -2.7
toe -1/16 toe -1/16

Left Rear Right Rear
camber -1 camber -1
toe -1/16 toe -1/16

for this time I am going to try toe out as Ted suggests.

I will also try a little more rear toe as Mike suggested.

I will also remove .25 degrees of camber from the rear. I found that I was getting a little too much heat and wear on the insides of the rear tires.

Also note that i did not see any ill handling until I started to really carry some G load. On my best lap last year I pulled 1.6 Gs.This past weekend I was pulling 2Gs

Im not saying that you are not having the same problem, just saying that I would first make sure the alignment is good then start chasing other things. Like I said I had a very stable car going faster then all or most all of the guys at the track last year. It was only going up against full on race cars that brought out my current issue.

You are also running a big torquey turbo motor so maybe you are showing the same toe link flex. No sure. I would go with the alignment as the first thing to concentrate on however.

You should try to get some rear suspension video if you can. Im going to rig up several camera angles before I go to the track in case I dont solve the problem.

John
John,

Thanks for the numbers and I will see how close I can get to them but I think that I will be struggling to get 3deg caster on the fronts as I have the stock FF5 control arm pickup points at the moment.
I will be running at MSR Houston for a private event track day.
http://www.msrhouston.com/about/facility-maps
This is the same track that I ran at last year in the rain.
The goal is to run some form of data logging to help understand a bit more of what is happening in regards to my driving as well as the cars handling.
If I can make it happen I will send you the data as well.