Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
Having raced a Legacy GT for a season, and watched the other Subarus I race against, I'm 80% in the camp with ya'll that the way to go will be some version of an H6. I know nothing bout the H6 platform, but I'm starting to learn quick. I do know that racing a turbo HJ257 has lots of complexities, and racing is already complicated enough. I'll keep racing my Legacy GT, but for a new 818R the NA route is calling me strongly.
i have been thinking about this for racing too... being the stroke is so short (80mm) there is almost no worry of revving the block way up because piston speeds will stay down.. i know the one guy that is racing 3000gt's with a motor with an 86mm stroke is revving to 12k easily with a custom dry sump oiling system

the way the oil pan mounts on a flat surface would make a dry sump easier to fabricate for the ez30, there is nothing restricting the path of itb's or headers so its just a question of how much head and cam we have to work with... the heads look to have a lot of "meat" on them too so there should be lots of room for porting

these could be phenomenal motors for racing with honda like performance per liter