Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  65

View Poll Results: How to finish the mesh panels?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gloss Black

47 82.46%
  • Unfinished Aluminum

10 17.54%

Thread: mikeb75's build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamra View Post
    Don't try to load like that with the body on otherwise you'll be buying a new bumper most likely!
    Agreed! Wouldn't consider it if the body was on. Speaking of the body, after doing a bunch of repair, sanding, cleaning, sanding and cleaning I put on my first coating last night to see how it would work out. I'll just throw this teaser out there:

There's some overspray and edges that need to be addressed; I screwed up an area (on the underside) where the cord of the sprayer hit the still wet surface, but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking. This is 6 coats of matte black plasti-dip. I bought a gallon of un-thinned material and diluted it with 1 gallon of Xylene. Other than the buzz (even using a paint/organic solvent filter mask) it seems to be going on well and sprays properly.

The cost for the material (paint/thinner) is less than $100; and I should have enough to do the entire car (hopefully, forgot to include the hard-top in my estimation).

Tune is scheduled for this afternoon. Don't know about the alignment numbers, a bunch of the hardware had loosened after the test drive(s-ha!), and I forgot to re-torque, so the guys at the shop aborted the alignment after verifying it was 'close'; since they didn't want to waste my money going around re-torqueing all the suspension bolts. I'll be taking the car back after the body is fitted for corner-weighting and final alignment anyway, so no biggie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikeb75; 07-28-2015 at 06:40 AM.
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb75 View Post
    Agreed! Wouldn't consider it if the body was on. Speaking of the body, after doing a bunch of repair, sanding, cleaning, sanding and cleaning I put on my first coating last night to see how it would work out. I'll just throw this teaser out there:

There's some overspray and edges that need to be addressed; I screwed up an area (on the underside) where the cord of the sprayer hit the still wet surface, but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking. This is 6 coats of matte black plasti-dip. I bought a gallon of un-thinned material and diluted it with 1 gallon of Xylene. Other than the buzz (even using a paint/organic solvent filter mask) it seems to be going on well and sprays properly.

The cost for the material (paint/thinner) is less than $100; and I should have enough to do the entire car (hopefully, forgot to include the hard-top in my estimation).

Tune is scheduled for this afternoon. Don't know about the alignment numbers, a bunch of the hardware had loosened after the test drive(s-ha!), and I forgot to re-torque, so the guys at the shop aborted the alignment after verifying it was 'close'; since they didn't want to waste my money going around re-torqueing all the suspension bolts. I'll be taking the car back after the body is fitted for corner-weighting and final alignment anyway, so no biggie.
    My race car is matt black plasti dip. Great product.

Cant wait to see all the pics of this.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose
    __________________________________________________ _____________