Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: California DMV Registration Process

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.
    Those answers just eliminated another excuse not to pull the trigger.
    My current plan is to use a 94 mustang as a donor. It has a ford racing 5.0 and a 2.73 rear end. I figure a Ford Racing T5 trans.
    Other options I am thinking about are powder coated chassis, body cutouts, vintage GPS gage set, wind wings, sun visor, heater and wiper (just got back from a cruise to Oregon and the duce roadster guys all wanted wipers & heaters), chrome roll bars (pass & driver), Grommets, and chassis wire harness.
    Any recommendations on what I should add or leave off?
    Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Thanks guys.
    Those answers just eliminated another excuse not to pull the trigger.
    My current plan is to use a 94 mustang as a donor. It has a ford racing 5.0 and a 2.73 rear end. I figure a Ford Racing T5 trans.
    Other options I am thinking about are powder coated chassis, body cutouts, vintage GPS gage set, wind wings, sun visor, heater and wiper (just got back from a cruise to Oregon and the duce roadster guys all wanted wipers & heaters), chrome roll bars (pass & driver), Grommets, and chassis wire harness.
    Any recommendations on what I should add or leave off?
    Thanks again.
    You will most likely want to change the 2:73's to 3:55's or something close. I had 3:08's and changed them out within a few months. Also, I went with seat heaters rather then a standard heater system. That, along with a 12-volt heated blanket keeps my passengers (usually my wife) warm. The rest of your options look pretty good.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    You will most likely want to change the 2:73's to 3:55's or something close.

Ray
    Yep, this. I've got a 3.27 diff with a 5.0 SVO crate motor and could really use the 3.55-- first gear is pretty tall and so is the OD 5th, to the point I can't really use it below about 60, although it might be partly due to EFI tuning, since it won't pull below 1900rpm without rubberbanding. I guess that's the next project on the list.

Anyway, yeah, the SB100 thing is much easier now. I went from one DMV office to the next to find one where the staff was familiar with the procedure. In 2006, it was a necessity, since all 500 waivers were taken by noon on 2 January. Now, it'll just make things move smoothly if you find an experienced office.
    FFR Mk II 4437
    Finally on the road, 8/12! SVO Crate 302, IRS, EEC IV