Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  104

Thread: Adam's Canadian 13B Rotary 818-SR Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    I used a Mishimoto block mounted sandwich plate with a thermostat built in.
    Wayne,
    Is it this one?
    MMOP-SPTR_3.png
    I just saw this, for the BRZ, which would space the fittings farther away from the timing covers.
    subaru-brz-scion-fr-s-oil-cooler-kit-2013-21.jpg
    My Canton setup:
    ctr-22-595_w_ml.jpgCanton adapter compressed.jpgDSC01457 (2).JPGoil routing low res.jpg
    The Canton sits taller than any other products I know of, hence it allows fittings to hug the timing cover and be routed up the front, away from the exhaust.
    I was just helping a friend build a motor and he has a two-way sandwich plate (that retains the filter mounting position). Two-way in that fittings can be on the side or on the top (as shown). I realized he could not run his oil lines like I do. He ran his fittings and hoses off the top, as shown. Either way you have to go over the exhaust at some point to get to a place for the oil cooler, etc. This spring he had one of his wrapped hoses burst, spin him out and cause an oil fire. His setup is like this:
    sandwich plate_hoses_steve.PNG
    Now I see that it is possible to buy a spacer and use the Mishimoto part you are suggesting, with the internal thermostat. This spacer may not be available separately as it is part of a Mishimoto kit.
    mishimoto_spacer.PNG
    However, the spacing of the Canton unit is near perfect in that fittings barely clear the covers and stay as far away from the headers as possible. Further spacing would move the hoses closer to the exhaust. The Canton part I use does not have an internal thermostatic bypass valve and they do not offer one with an internal thermostatic bypass valve!
    Mocal makes a bunch of adapters with internal thermostats, that I'm guessing you sell, but I don't know if they stand any taller.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    Wayne,
    Is it this one?
    MMOP-SPTR_3.png

Yes it is
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos