Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New 818 Configurations Windtunnel Tested

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gator, in #24 and #25 Jim seems to be showing that the knife-edge of the vent increased flow. In #41 he is thinking of a duct and in thread #131 he shows the duct they made for the inside of the side vent. The 2 ducts Jim sent to me to test look just like the fiberglass duct in thread #131. I believe those are the same ones now offered on the FFR web site. Also in this thread about aero, I forgot who, but someone said the 2 side vents have a combined area of 65 sq. in. which is about the same as the OE WRX hood scoop. So, pulling air from both side vents plus the roof vent, I'm getting lots of air to my A2A intercooler as shown in the dual IAT gauge. Again, however, my 818C is a street car so WOT is brief.
    Last edited by AZPete; 10-19-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).