Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake lines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd use nicop tubing from a roll because it's so much easier to bend and flare. Even with the eastwood flaring tool, you may have problems making stainless double flares without cracking. I got better results when I annealed the ends of stainless tube with a propane torch.

Wilwood sells many lengths of stainless steel braided hose and adapters for the 3 AN hose ends.

Two kits for $150 for two kits isn't that expensive.

I have used summit PTFE hose with stainless braid and summit fittings for fuel lines and transmission coolant lines.
    Last edited by DaveS53; 11-08-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS53 View Post
    I'd use nicop tubing from a roll because it's so much easier to bend and flare. Even with the eastwood flaring tool, you may have problems making stainless double flares without cracking. I got better results when I annealed the ends of stainless tube with a propane torch.

Wilwood sells many lengths of stainless steel braided hose and adapters for the 3 AN hose ends.

Two kits for $150 for two kits isn't that expensive.

I have used summit PTFE hose with stainless braid and summit fittings for fuel lines and transmission coolant lines.
    I did all my stainless lines with the Eastwood flaring kit and never had that problem of making double flares and cracking. I used brake fluid on the ends for lubrication and they came out perfect. I know others have had the same experience on the forum. The Eastwood tool is very nice and would recommend it to anyone flaring lines. Also I rented it from another local member who did stainless and he had the same experience with the tool.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build