Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Forum suggestions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalded-Dog View Post
    Mods need to keep the various posts for the different car forums on track. Keep the "off topic" BS on the other forum. Also agree we don't need a "clubhouse" since we have one on the FFCars forum. I already see the Roadster forum going way off track...."What did you do for Valentines Day?" WTF! If we keep the Roadster forum strictly for build questions only it will make it much easier to treat it as a reference library and we won't have to be wading through silly posts while searching a build topic.
    I'm just wondering what you have against off-topic or information which isn't strictly about the build? Isn't this about community too?

People frequent forums for many reasons and this place can be a great resource, but can't it also be a place to get to know each other and to offer or receive advice? It certainly makes sense to keep the resource forums dedicated to that, but even very serious builders sometimes relax and have a beverage and shoot the breeze with each other.

We're all adults here and can act as adults. It is very easy to just not enter an off-topic forum if you don't want trivia or discussion: Isn't it?

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    I'm just wondering what you have against off-topic or information which isn't strictly about the build? Isn't this about community too?

People frequent forums for many reasons and this place can be a great resource, but can't it also be a place to get to know each other and to offer or receive advice? It certainly makes sense to keep the resource forums dedicated to that, but even very serious builders sometimes relax and have a beverage and shoot the breeze with each other.

We're all adults here and can act as adults. It is very easy to just not enter an off-topic forum if you don't want trivia or discussion: Isn't it?

Just a thought.
    You are correct Questor, and that is why there is an Off Topic forum. The suggestion was simply to keep OT posts out of the Roadster fourm...Not to eliminate Off Topic all together...or at least that is what I think he meant.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 02-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    You are correct Questor, and that is why there is an Off Topic forum. The suggestion was simply to keep OT posts out of the Roadster fourm...Not to eliminate Off Topic all together...or at least that is what I think he meant.
    That's exactly what I meant. I see the OT forum and the General Discussions forum. It's just good to keep the goofy stuff out of the Roadster Forum.
    Last edited by Scalded-Dog; 02-15-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    MKIII
    300 RWHP and Torque
    Crate 302, GT40 Heads, Quick Fuel Carb,TKO500
    Finally done. I think I will call her Black Betty

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. My bad.

I misread the intent.