Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Boyd Tank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, there is a 3/8" NPT fitting (with a blue plug installed) in the bottom outside corner of each tank. I'll have a transfer line running in a steel channel connecting the two tanks at their lowest points. Still working on the details of that part...
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    Yes, there is a 3/8" NPT fitting (with a blue plug installed) in the bottom outside corner of each tank. I'll have a transfer line running in a steel channel connecting the two tanks at their lowest points. Still working on the details of that part...
    Keith
    FWIW, something I liked when I had 2 or 3 tanks, was having separate electric pumps on each lower tank. I had a switch that would run left pump, right pump, or both pumps at once (when racing). On the car that had a 3rd tank it was up high and fed both lowers. On the street I just used one pump at a time, which gave me a "reserve" tank on the other side. It also meant I had a backup pump built in if one broke. Oh and if both switches were off, a thief would only get a little way before the engine died I added twin fuel pressure gauges too. Lots of fun can be had with two or more tanks!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100