Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steering Shaft and Steering wheel Alignment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The “pyramid” adapter I have will only fit on one way. It is not triangular. My steering wheel is out about 90 degrees with the rack cantered. I’ll have to off center the rack a bit, and play with the tie rods to get it centered. Life would be much easier with a uniformly drilled steering wheel. I am not sure of the rationale behind the current unsymmetrical hole pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecobr View Post
    The “pyramid” adapter I have will only fit on one way. It is not triangular. My steering wheel is out about 90 degrees with the rack cantered. I’ll have to off center the rack a bit, and play with the tie rods to get it centered. Life would be much easier with a uniformly drilled steering wheel. I am not sure of the rationale behind the current unsymmetrical hole pattern.
    I would not recommend that...can screw up the steering geometry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t like the idea either. FFR suggested the problem will be taken care of by the alignment shop. I assume they will do what I propose. Short of getting another steering wheel adapter, I am not sure what to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecobr View Post
    The “pyramid” adapter I have will only fit on one way. It is not triangular. My steering wheel is out about 90 degrees with the rack cantered.
    Been there. I redrilled the steering adapter at 90 deg. Since there is 6 holes, the other 6 are right in between.
    Last edited by totem; 06-19-2018 at 06:24 AM.