Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  394

Thread: Seths 33- 1133. Famous guy donut post.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sethmark View Post
    Kid sure enjoyed this part. The previous fiddly stuff not so much.
    I think you are having the most fun build ever posted. I would love to be a fly on the wall when you reach the go kart stage Looking at her face, I think you need to start planning your replacement car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp View Post
    I think you are having the most fun build ever posted. I would love to be a fly on the wall when you reach the go kart stage Looking at her face, I think you need to start planning your replacement car
    Thank you for the kind words. I’m trying my best to make it fun. I think she loves it because I want her to, which is wonderfully sweet.

The hard part for me is teaching. As for a replacement car, I will have to wait and see. Certainly the mechanics of this thing are in my wheel house. I can build go carts any day of the week.

However, I’m curious to see how the bodywork goes. That’s uncharted territory.

What’s interesting for me to read is the difference in satisfaction with the parts from builder to builder. Perhaps my expectations are low due to enough years of building with garbage, but I think everything fits great. I have no expectations of anything going together right, once, the first time. Fitting every part is expected.

I’m hoping that’s what my kid learns from all this. Be a problem solver.
    Last edited by sethmark; 08-04-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    33 Hot Rod #1133. LS/TKO600
    Delivered 6-17-19. Started work 7-3-19. First start 9-6-19. First drive 9-24-19
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k

Post Thanks / Like
    I think having those expectations really gives you a head start. I really feel for the guys that try and tackle one of these things without much previous hands on mechanical experience. I have been working on cars, motorcycles, aircraft, and even boats for close to 50 years and it is challenging to me as well as frustrating at times. It calls on pretty much every skill I have acquired through the years. And I really cringe at the thought of building one of these cars without the use of a lift - man, I don't think I could do it now without it - but that is largely a by product of getting up in age.
    One thing is certain though, your daughter is gonna be one popular young lady. Great job!