Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  132

Thread: Patrick's 427 Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fired Up

I completed installing the new 3/8th inch fuel lines (send and return) along with the new Pro-M Hanger and fired up the engine again. Wow. Even my untrained ear can hear a pretty big difference in the sound of the engine.

The engine now has a much deeper and smooth sound. When I press the accelerator, there is no longer a hesitation in response from the engine. All in all, I'm pretty happy with things at this point. Still haven't tackled fine tuning the engine or anything.

I took the car out around the neighborhood and it ran nicely. I started to bed the brakes as outlined in the Wilwood instructions. I'm still a little concerned about the brake situation. They just don't seem to be as responsive as I thought they would be. I just don't have a point of reference, so I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is normal or abnormal. I hoping to get another builder over to my place to test the brakes and let me know if they're working well or not. I welcome anyone to swing by if you're near New Braunfels, TX.

Lastly, something that I hesitate confess, as I think a lot of you might shake your heads at me. But, I still haven't got the radiator fan to click on.

I'm hoping it's just a situation where I haven't kept the car running long enough to get it up to temperature. I've only ran the car for a few minutes at a time (like maybe 5 minutes at the most) I got the temperature up to about 67-68 C, so I'm not sure if that's hot enough or not.

On a brighter note, the gauges all seem to be working normally, including the fuel level gauge, which I was previously having issues.
    Last edited by Pat427; 03-02-2020 at 07:12 PM.
    MK4-IRS, 427w, TKO-600

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm flying into SA tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks. My mom is having surgery but I should be good to leave the house by the weekend. I have the feeling that I will be ready for a road trip.

Mine takes longer than 5 minutes idling before the fan kicks on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know when you start getting cabin fever and maybe you can swing by.

Quote Originally Posted by TMartinLVNV View Post
    I'm flying into SA tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks. My mom is having surgery but I should be good to leave the house by the weekend. I have the feeling that I will be ready for a road trip.

Mine takes longer than 5 minutes idling before the fan kicks on.
    MK4-IRS, 427w, TKO-600

Post Thanks / Like
    How close is your house to Cooper's BBQ? I've been to the one in Llano a few times on motorcycle rides through the hill country. Rudy's has a special place in my heart too, but they are all over SA now. I used to be a frequent diner to the original one by UTSA.

mmm, I'm hungry now.
    Last edited by TMartinLVNV; 03-02-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Google Maps says 14 minutes.

It looks like there might be some other builders from the San Antonio Cobra Club coming by on Saturday morning.
    MK4-IRS, 427w, TKO-600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat427 View Post
    Fired Up

I completed installing the new 3/8th inch fuel lines (send and return) along with the new Pro-M Hanger and fired up the engine again. Wow. Even my untrained ear can hear a pretty big difference in the sound of the engine.

The engine now has a much deeper and smooth sound. When I press the accelerator, there is no longer a hesitation in response from the engine. All in all, I'm pretty happy with things at this point. Still haven't tackled fine tuning the engine or anything.

I took the car out around the neighborhood and it ran pretty nicely. I started to bed the brakes as outlined in the Wilwood instructions. I'm still a little concerned about the brake situation. They just don't seem to be as responsive as I thought they would be. I just don't have a point of reference, so I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is normal or abnormal. I hoping to get another builder over to my place to test the brakes and let me know if they're working well or not. I welcome anyone to swing by if you're near New Braunfels, TX.

Lastly, something that I hesitate confess, as I think a lot of you might shake your heads at me. But, I still haven't got the radiator fan to click on.

I'm hoping it's just a situation where I just haven't kept the car running long enough to get it up to temperature. I've only ran the car for a few minutes at a time (like maybe 5 minutes at the most) I got the temperature up to about 67-68 C, so I'm not sure if that's hot enough or not.

On a brighter note, the gauges all seem to be working normally, including the fuel level gauge, which I was previously having issues.
    Pat,

The fan should come on around 80-85 degrees C.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

7. Thanks Pat427 thanked for this post