Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Newbie saying hi & a question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    With your experience you will breeze through the build, but as I'm sure you already know, the farther off the reservation you take your build the more time and $$ it will take. Most build their cars as FFR designed them while adding some personal touches. If that's your intent expect things to go pretty smoothly with only some minor hiccups to work through. You will also enjoy not having to deal with dirty, rusty, greasy parts -- that was a major plus for me. But you still have a ton of bodywork and unlike steel, you'll be dealing with body panels and body parts that aren't even close to symmetrical -- good thing you can only look at one side at a time as these cars are not straight.

In my case, FFR support has been good. I've really only needed their support on status of back ordered parts and returning parts not needed but they were very accommodating each time I called or emailed them. And I really couldn't expect them to be much help since I modified much of their design during my build.

Good luck with your hot rod.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

2. Likes FF33rod, JOP33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    With your experience you will breeze through the build, but as I'm sure you already know, the farther off the reservation you take your build the more time and $$ it will take. Most build their cars as FFR designed them while adding some personal touches. If that's your intent expect things to go pretty smoothly with only some minor hiccups to work through. You will also enjoy not having to deal with dirty, rusty, greasy parts -- that was a major plus for me. But you still have a ton of bodywork and unlike steel, you'll be dealing with body panels and body parts that aren't even close to symmetrical -- good thing you can only look at one side at a time as these cars are not straight.

In my case, FFR support has been good. I've really only needed their support on status of back ordered parts and returning parts not needed but they were very accommodating each time I called or emailed them. And I really couldn't expect them to be much help since I modified much of their design during my build.

Good luck with your hot rod.
    Thanks Naz