Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: LearningCurve's 818C Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Learning Curve I just looked over your pics. I noticed that your window slot in the door shell is cut straight. I curved my slot to match the window curvature. Made a cardboard template of the glass at the point just above the door skin. It worked putty good. Made the slot about 1 1/4” wide. Hth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lance corsi View Post
    Hey, Learning Curve I just looked over your pics. I noticed that your window slot in the door shell is cut straight. I curved my slot to match the window curvature. Made a cardboard template of the glass at the point just above the door skin. It worked putty good. Made the slot about 1 1/4” wide. Hth.

@lance corsi - That's not a bad idea. How well did the window liner fit with with curved door shell? Just looking at the manual (2019 revised copy), it does appear they have a slight curve to the liner in one of the photos. I was considering going back and opening up those holes a bit more. Adding a curve might be a better solution.

liner.png
    818C - #458 | Delivered-11/16/16 | First Start/Go Kart-8/24/18 |
    Daily: 2004 WRX
    Weekend: 2012 S4

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate everyone's feedback on the aluminum panels. FFR sent me a copy of the revised manual and I still don't see mention of those aluminum parts E and F.

I finally have all of the body panels in place with a rough fit. I also started working on the few interior pieces (dash and center console). I would love to have a more dressed up interior but for now I think I just want to get everything functional any maybe get this thing on the road so I can work out the bugs.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/C4MoaLA2xRhw3dpB9
    818C - #458 | Delivered-11/16/16 | First Start/Go Kart-8/24/18 |
    Daily: 2004 WRX
    Weekend: 2012 S4