Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Coyote Tuning - Larger Fuel Pump?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for the updated information. I think I am gonna see what the 190 will do (its already installed) and then upgrade to the 255 if I see any fuel issues. I agree that I won't be driving WOT all the time, but want to be sure I don't starve the engine when I actually want to go all out.

Thanks again for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flip1216 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the updated information. I think I am gonna see what the 190 will do (its already installed) and then upgrade to the 255 if I see any fuel issues. I agree that I won't be driving WOT all the time, but want to be sure I don't starve the engine when I actually want to go all out.

Thanks again for the help.
    I did the Gen 2 Coyote with 190lph fuel pump from Breeze Auto and standard size fuel line. I had it professionally dyno-tuned and it put out 401 RWHP. Mike at Breeze says that this setup is good to 480 bhp with a safety margin.

My take on bigger than necessary fuel pumps is that it could cause a cavitation issue, as there will be a lot of fuel returning to the fuel tank.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    I did the Gen 2 Coyote with 190lph fuel pump from Breeze Auto and standard size fuel line. I had it professionally dyno-tuned and it put out 401 RWHP. Mike at Breeze says that this setup is good to 480 bhp with a safety margin.

My take on bigger than necessary fuel pumps is that it could cause a cavitation issue, as there will be a lot of fuel returning to the fuel tank.
    I used a 255lph pump with my 331, only because it was shipped as part of the intake package. It caused problems, when fuel in the tank dropped below 1/2 full, aeration of the fuel by the return caused a slight rolling surge when cruising. Air bubbles sent through the fuel lines was the problem. Had to change out the stock pump bracket fo one that had the return line near the bottom of the tank. All the extra fuel being pumped also can heat up.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

4. Likes GTBradley liked this post