Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  85
Likes Likes:  149

Thread: MJS Mk4 Build Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What’s the over-under on this wiper being sufficient for initial Michigan inspection prior to installing the real system this winter?

Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSumners View Post
    What’s the over-under on this wiper being sufficient for initial Michigan inspection prior to installing the real system this winter?
    Depends solely on the LEO who does your inspection. In four I've had a couple do a cursory look over the car, and two others that barely looked. Just asked me if everything was there. I've never had an inspection where anything (lights, horns, wipers, whatever) was required to be operated during the inspection. So I would say your chances are pretty good. Now washers, which I don't see present, are a different story. I've had to do some fast talking on that one. Finally installed them on my Coupe. Only to have them not inspected or even noticed. He just checked the box.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Depends solely on the LEO who does your inspection. In four I've had a couple do a cursory look over the car, and two others that barely looked. Just asked me if everything was there. I've never had an inspection where anything (lights, horns, wipers, whatever) was required to be operated during the inspection. So I would say your chances are pretty good. Now washers, which I don't see present, are a different story. I've had to do some fast talking on that one. Finally installed them on my Coupe. Only to have them not inspected or even noticed. He just checked the box.
    Yeah I noticed that washer requirement. I think for now I’m just going to take my chances and see what happens. Time to strap the pipes on and schedule the inspection!
    Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread