Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  96

Thread: The Bolton Build - 818C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may have looked at the shifter I made from scratch too. Mine came out very compact, but I have to say that I really like your design too. I think you are going to be very pleased with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    Looks very promising. I started down this path but without a CNC I didn't get very far, especially when I realized I could get a knock-off K-tuned billet shifter for $150 on fleabay. Mine will be exposed along with the mechanical shift linkage, so I like your style.
    I looked at those shifters and was very tempted to get one. Hard to beat it for the price. Don't really know why I decided to try designing and making my own. Partly because I had a lot of aluminum plate I bought a few years ago cheap, and bearings and rod ends didn't cost too much.

Quote Originally Posted by aquillen View Post
    You may have looked at the shifter I made from scratch too. Mine came out very compact, but I have to say that I really like your design too. I think you are going to be very pleased with that.
    I did look at yours and it is a very nice, compact design. For some reason I got it in my head to make one without a ball joint that most have, and use ball bearings. Started as sort of an experiment to see if I could come up with something. So far, so good.