Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Florida registration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Got my title and temp tag today

So once I got my paperwork in order/correct/acceptable (2nd attempt), I received a call from the DMV and was scheduled for my vehicle inspection. I had to go to my local DMV office for a temporary 10-day tag so I could drive it to the inspection. The inspection consisted of a brief visual once-over...didn't check lights or anything like that. The inspector was looking for the serial number on the engine but never found it. 10 mins later she was completing the paperwork and computer entries. Then handed over to another person who printed everything out, took my payment and gave me my title and tag. Taxes were about $2200 + some other fees.

2. Likes runamuk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FLFrank35 View Post
    Got my title and temp tag today

So once I got my paperwork in order/correct/acceptable (2nd attempt), I received a call from the DMV and was scheduled for my vehicle inspection. I had to go to my local DMV office for a temporary 10-day tag so I could drive it to the inspection. The inspection consisted of a brief visual once-over...didn't check lights or anything like that. The inspector was looking for the serial number on the engine but never found it. 10 mins later she was completing the paperwork and computer entries. Then handed over to another person who printed everything out, took my payment and gave me my title and tag. Taxes were about $2200 + some other fees.
    Thats fantastic

I live in Fort Lauderdale and I hope to start the process around March - ish timeframe.