Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 Donor Kits to be available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgood View Post
    I think 7k is pretty steep. More than that and I'd have to think twice about the convenience of a donor pallet.
    It's certainly a lot of money, but not a ripoff. I'm still at the point of my life where I tend to be stingy when it comes to money vs time. Buying a product? Sure, I'll pay for it. Paying for a service I can do myself and I have the free time? Becomes hard for me to justify. I'd rather use that money for more parts. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Someday I Suppose View Post
    I am wondering after parting out the donor, etc. if under say $12 - $13K is possible...
    I'd say yes. So far I got my 06 WRX donor for $4095. Kit is $10k. That's roughly $14000. Lots of parts you can sell and make $50 here and there and a few parts that can fetch a few hundred (full doors, etc).
    Last edited by Mechie3; 06-12-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Forgot a zero in 14000
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Crap...... Hopefully I can sell my subaru because I like this alternitaive a lot better than the on

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy318 View Post
    Crap...... Hopefully I can sell my subaru because I like this alternitaive a lot better than the on
    Good for convenience but you can probably make up some good dough by parting out the donor parts you don't use. All the good stuff is being put on the 818 but body panels, interior bits etc. can add up even though it's a pain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    I'd say yes. So far I got my 06 WRX donor for $4095. Kit is $10k. That's roughly $1400. Lots of parts you can sell and make $50 here and there and a few parts that can fetch a few hundred (full doors, etc).
    Damn. Thats a killer deal. Did you buy it wrecked or did you wreck it and buy it back from insurance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vozproto View Post
    Damn. Thats a killer deal. Did you buy it wrecked or did you wreck it and buy it back from insurance?
    Technically the lady that ran the red light wrecked it, but I was driving it at the time. Bought it new in 06. First new car. It will live again! I bought it back from insurance. Price was determined by recent sales of similar make/model at a local auction house used by my insurance.

Also, that $1400 should say $14000 total. I edited my original post.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    It's certainly a lot of money, but not a ripoff. I'm still at the point of my life where I tend to be stingy when it comes to money vs time. Buying a product? Sure, I'll pay for it. Paying for a service I can do myself and I have the free time? Becomes hard for me to justify. I'd rather use that money for more parts. :lol:

I'd say yes. So far I got my 06 WRX donor for $4095. Kit is $10k. That's roughly $14000. Lots of parts you can sell and make $50 here and there and a few parts that can fetch a few hundred (full doors, etc).
    I'm in the same boat, I have the time so stripping a salvage vehicle works for me. I have $3500 + in my 05 wrx with 70,000 miles. It needs a front driver's control arm and I see used aluminum ones on EBay for $230...

I have some parts that will be sold off but not many...

The Bendpak 4 post lift is in my garage and will be set up and operational in a few days! Should help quite a bit with the stripping activity. I have powder coating capability so I'm going to PC everything that I can! Shouldn't need much reconditioning with 70k miles but I'll go over everything, as AJW quoted on this forum you need to make sure everything is up to snuff vs doing a build with used un-evaluated components. I enjoy taking the time to do that suff, others want to buy preprepped ready to install parts. To each their own... I have more time than money and plan on being pretty close to $17,000 for the build